The functional nickel-phosphorous surface electroless nickel, also known as nickel phosphorous (NiP), functional nickel or chemical nickel, provides a high degree of durability and corrosion protection as well as outstanding dimensional stability. Electroless nickel furthermore has a very accurate outline when deposited.
Electroless nickel: process and advantages
The chemical nickel layer is deposited in an electroless chemical process. Electroless nickel can be plated on practically all types of metal and alloy with great dimensional accuracy. Autocatalytically generated nickel layers are highly suitable for parts with intricate component geometries, even interior platings can be implemented to a certain degree.
Electroless nickel (EN) layers are wear resistant as well as corrosion protective. Furthermore, electroless nickel coatings are conductive. As electroless nickel high phosphorous (high phos) with more than 10 % phosphorous the plating also is nonmagnetic.
At the same time, the dimensionally accurate plating is very durable and provides a high corrosion protection level. Electroless nickel (EN) is also solderable. We offer electroless nickel in low, medium and high phosphorous concentrations.
Electroless nickel coatings for a great variety of requirements
We offer a nickel-phosphor-finishing in numerous versions:
- With various shares of phosphorus for different requirements regarding both corrosion and wear protection
- Surface is very good solderable
- Electroless nickel finish for practically all types of metal and alloy as well as aluminium and sintered materials
- Electroless nickel as rack and barrel plating
- Electroless nickel can be used in combination with other surface finishings such as silver or tin – thus, further requirements can be fulfilled
- For more information please check our site on combined surfaces